So, your child is coming to Camp? How exciting it will be for him or her! Part of making this week a huge success will include packing the right stuff. That’s what this page is all about.
Please put your camper’s name on all personal belongings and each item of clothing:
LUGGAGE – should be confined to ONE SUITCASE/DUFFEL BAG plus BEDDING.
(PLEASE – NO TRUNKS! They are designed for the larger camps with 2-4 week stays. We just don’t have the space for them.)
BEDDING – we provide one fitted sheet for the mattress – all campers must bring ONE SLEEPING BAG/SLEEPING BLANKET AND ONE PILLOW WITH PILLOW CASE
CLOTHING – (NOTE: any motorcycle gear your child has – helmet, gloves, goggles, chest protector – is allowed, but remember, we do supply all that is needed):
- 10 pairs of SOCKS
- 2 pairs of SHORTS
- 8 pairs of UNDERWEAR
- 3-5 pairs of LONG PANTS/JEANS
- 1 pair of STURDY SANDALS
- 1-2 pairs of SHOES that cover the ankle
(no slip on or mesh shoes)
- 4 short sleeved T-SHIRTS
- 5-8 LONG SLEEVED SHIRTS
- 1 HAT
- 1 BATHING SUIT
- 1 TOWEL
- 2 sets of PJ’S/SLEEPWEAR
TOILETRIES – (We provide liquid shower body soap)
- TOOTHBRUSH & TOOTHPASTE in small case or ziplock bag
- SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER if desired
- DEODORANT if using
- CONTACT SUPPLIES IF WEARING – extra case & cleaning solution
- HAIR BRUSH OR COMB
- PONYTAIL HOLDERS, HAIR CLIPS, ETC as needed
- INSECT REPELLENT
- FLASHLIGHT – small
- PENCILS/MARKERS/PENS & PAPER for quiet activity
- DECK OF CARDS or community game
CELL PHONES & OTHER ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT – POLICY & USE AT CAMP
Cell phones/Iphones/Ipads are permitted at camp with following RULES:
- They are to be used for COMMUNICATION with PARENTS and GAME PLAYING during allotted times ONLY.
- TWO ACCESS TIMES per day are given: Lunchtime & Before Bed.
- IF A CAMPER MISUSES this privilege (i.e. accesses inappropriate site), we reserve the right to confiscate the phone for the duration of camp. Parents will be notified of the situation.
- IRON HORSE COUNTRY RANCH does not have the ability to block internet access – PARENTS must do this on their child’s electronic device(s) if desired.
Iron Horse Country Ranch is not responsible for the loss or damage to a camper’s personal belongings for any reason (i.e. fire, theft, laundry or forgetfulness) and Iron Horse Country Ranch strongly recommends that campers NOT BRING ITEMS OF VALUE TO CAMP.
(Right Click Mouse or click on “Ctrl Key” and “P” for option to Print)