So, your child is coming to one of our Overnight Camp Weeks? How exciting it will be for him or her! Part of making this week a huge success will include packing the right stuff. That’s what this page is all about.
Please put your camper’s name on all personal belongings and each item of clothing:
LUGGAGE – should be confined to ONE SUITCASE/DUFFEL BAG plus BEDDING
BEDDING – we provide one fitted sheet for the mattress – all campers must bring ONE SLEEPING BAG/SLEEPING BLANKET AND ONE PILLOW WITH PILLOW CASE
CLOTHING – (NOTE: any motorcycle gear your child has – helmet, gloves, goggles, chest protector – is allowed, but remember, we do supply all that is needed):
- 10 pairs of SOCKS
- 2 pairs of SHORTS
- 8 pairs of UNDERWEAR
- 3-5 pairs of LONG PANTS/JEANS
- 1 pair of STURDY SANDALS
- 1-2 pairs of SHOES that cover the ankle
(no slip on or mesh shoes)
- 4 short sleeved T-SHIRTS
- 5-8 LONG SLEEVED SHIRTS
- 1 HAT
- 1 BATHING SUIT
- 1 TOWEL
- 2 sets of PJ’S/SLEEPWEAR
TOILETRIES – (We provide liquid shower body soap)
- TOOTHBRUSH & TOOTHPASTE in small case or ziplock bag
- SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER if desired
- DEODORANT if using
- CONTACT SUPPLIES IF WEARING – extra case & cleaning solution
- HAIR BRUSH OR COMB
- PONYTAIL HOLDERS, HAIR CLIPS, ETC as needed
- INSECT REPELLENT
- FLASHLIGHT – small
- PENCILS/MARKERS/PENS & PAPER for quiet activity
- DECK OF CARDS or community game
CELL PHONES & OTHER ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT – POLICY & USE AT CAMP
Cell phones/Iphones/Ipads are permitted at camp with following RULES:
- They are to be used for COMMUNICATION with PARENTS and GAME PLAYING during allotted times ONLY.
- TWO ACCESS TIMES per day are given: Lunchtime & Before Bed.
- IF A CAMPER MISUSES this privilege (i.e. accesses inappropriate site), we reserve the right to confiscate the phone for the duration of camp. Parents will be notified of the situation.
- IRON HORSE COUNTRY RANCH does not have the ability to block internet access – PARENTS must do this on their child’s electronic device(s) if desired.
Iron Horse Country Ranch is not responsible for the loss or damage to a camper’s personal belongings for any reason (i.e. fire, theft, laundry or forgetfulness) and Iron Horse Country Ranch strongly recommends that campers NOT BRING ITEMS OF VALUE TO CAMP.